Thursday, August 4, 2011

Drawn To Letters

The Philadelphia Cartoonist Society invited me to participate in their latest show, Drawn to Letters at Brave New Worlds in Olde city, where each member would be selected to depict a letter from the alphabet. I got the letter G, and wanted to share the gradual process that got me to my final...I started out w some thumbnails:
I orignally either wanted to do a montage of G-Men type characters, or a letter G-themed superhero, G-man if you will...I went so far as to doodle some superhero stuff in ink on tracing paper...

Something about these just did not speak to that Eamon inside, who says "YEAH! NOW THIS PIECE I WANT TO FINISH!" So sally forth I did, until I drew this guy...

And I decided a medieval scene with giants could be a fun thing to do...so I went with it!




After I 'figured things out' I went to the tracing paper, then transferred it to board and inked it up. I kind of wanted to go for a Groo the Wanderer style image...I don't know if I succeeded, but I enjoyed working on the piece!


And there you have it! Enjoy! And if you are in the area come to the show!

-Eamon

No comments: